A Field Guide to Backyard Birds of North America: A Visual Directory of the Most Popular Backyard Birds by Rob Hume
Genre: Outdoors & Nature
Format: temporary PDF (sold as flexi-bound)
No. of Pages: 208
Date of US Publication: 28 June, 2022
My Rating: 5 Stars
HItting the perfect blend of happy and informative, this book really worked for me. I was utterly charmed by the illustrations and I found the shared information about binoculars, and bird baths to keeping a birding journal and drawing birds you meet in your yard, or wherever.
After moving to the rural countryside after the constant noise, lights, and busy-ness of Las Vegas, I’ve found watching the birds and wildlife that are consistently in our yard (we have a chipmunk that lives under our stairs, a family of bunnies each year, mama deer and baby deer, and occasionally wild turkeys talk a walk through) to be some of the happiest moments of my days. I love the tracking tips in the journal and I found this book / journal to be just perfect for me, and I would imagine, many others.
* As a long time homeschooler, this is a book I absolutely will buy for my homeschool bookshelf.
eARC kindly provided by Chartwell Books - Quarto Publishing Group and NetGalley. Opinions shared are my own.
Whether you’re just getting started birding or want to build on your existing knowledge, this handbook provides you with all you need, making it the companion in the field. Inside this gorgeously illustrated guide, you’ll find:
- The basics of bird-watching, including when, where, and what to look for, as well as how to take accurate notes and make sketches.
- A fascinating introduction to the amazing world of birds, including facts on their anatomy, feathers, calls and postures, courtship, and nests.
- A unique logbook, filled with tips to get the most out of bird-watching, so you can chart your own findings and observations over 2 years.
- More than 50 of the most commonly seen birds in the United States in one comprehensive species catalog.
- How to turn your own backyard into a safe and hospitable bird reserve.
Sized perfectly to fit into a shoulder bag next to your binoculars, A Field Guide to Backyard Birds of North America is the one book you won’t want to leave home without.
Post a Comment