The Elegant and Edible Garden by Linda Vater
Title: The Elegant and Edible Garden
Author: Linda Vater
Publisher: Cool Springs Press / Quarto Publishing Group
Genre: Home & Garden
No. of Pages: 386
Date of Publication: 12 April, 2022
My Rating: 5 Stars
I was so impressed by this book - a kitchen garden has long appealed to me (I plot out my dream kitchen garden for stress relief and fun) and this highly inspirational author shows and explains the how-to’s.
Gorgeous photos and recommended for any hopeful kitchen garden creator and caregiver.
Fantastic book that made me think of long ago-Victorian kitchen gardens and also inspired me to start out plotting my own kitchen garden now that we’ve settled down in one place for the long haul.
eARC kindly provided by Cool Springs Press / Quarto Publishing Group and NetGalley. Opinions shared are my own.
Discover how to partner ornamental plants with edible ones for a garden that offers both storybook appeal and a plethora of culinary delights.
Stylish and celebratory, The Elegant and Edible Garden takes food growing to a higher plane. Host of The Potager Blog (@potagerblog), author and garden stylist Linda Vater, shares her vision for creating a garden space where food and flowers grow side by side. Known as a potager, these gardens are formal in their framework yet flexible and personal in their edible yields. A potager garden is both lovely to look at and productive. Doubling as an outdoor living area, it is also the perfect place to entertain family and friends.
Inside you’ll learn:
- How to grow flowers, fruits, veggies, and herbs together en masse
- The function of symmetry in a potager garden
- Ways to create visual harmony and match the style of the garden to its surroundings
- Tips for blending your family’s needs and lifestyle into the garden
- Advice on how to utilize focal points and garden ornaments in your garden’s layout
- The importance of rhythm, repetition, and harmony in potager design
- How to position garden structures with practicality and purpose in mind
- Where to put your potager for not just convenience but also to create a destination
- Best practices for growing your beautiful new garden organically
Create a garden that rejoices in seasonality while still allowing your style and personality to shine. The Elegant and Edible Garden is a vision of the very best things a garden can offer: food, beauty, connection, and a place to breathe.
Post a Comment